Are you new to makeup? Confused by the beauty shops bombarded with endless makeup products, Don't fret. In this article "Must Have Makeup Essentials for Indian women." I have shared a brief note about all the makeup products that are essential for a beginner, along with my tricks and tips to select the best makeup for Indian skin tone.
7 Must Have Makeup Essentials For Indian Women:
1. Eyeliner: Eyeliner defines your eyes and makes it more attractive. You have to get two eyeliners, one for the upper lash line and one for the lower lash line. Liquid and gel eyeliner works well for the upper lash liner. Pencil and Kajal type liners do wonder for lower lash line. Make sure your eyeliner is smudge as well as waterproof to avoid raccoon eyes. My favorite eyeliners are Maybelline Hyper Gloss (Upper lashline), Sugar heavy duty kohl (Lower lash line) and Revlon colorstay one stroke eye pencil (Lower lash line).
2. Lipstick: Lipstick gives you a chance to play with colors. It comes in matte as well as glossy version. Choose shade according to the occasion. Nude, pink nude, peach, and nude brown shade lipstick goes well with everyday makeup. Fuchsia, red, maroon, deep berry shades does justice for date night and festival makeup. My favorite are Sugar - Holly go lightly (Nude pink) and Ruby woo from MAC.
3. Mascara: Adding an extra volume and length to the eyelashes can give an instant zest to your look. Look out for a mascara which has jet black pigmentation and waterproof. To avoid clumping of the lashes wiggle the wand slightly while applying the mascara. I am currently using Maybelline volume express and it works like a charm.
4. Liquid Foundation or Tinted moisturizer: Liquid foundations are easy to work with, and gives medium to full coverage. If you have oily or acne prone skin choose a non comedogenic foundation to avoid breakouts and clogging of pores. Tinted moisturizers are a casual alternative to foundation. If you are blessed with flawless skin, go for a tinted moisturizer with SPF for sun protection. Among all the foundations that I have used so far, I feel that Revlon photo ready and MAC match master works well on oily skin. Pssst...be sure you chose a foundation color which suits your skin tone by applying a streak of the foundation on your jawline.
5. Foundation Powered: Like liquid foundation, it is essential to choose a right shade for powder foundation too. Compact powder with yellow undertones can do the trick for Indian skin tone. Foundation powder works like magic on oily skin beauties; it sets the makeup and control oiliness. To get a sheer finish apply the foundation powder with the help of fluffy brush. If you have very dry skin, you can skip this one. I have been using Revlon photo ready foundation powder for years, give it a try if you have oily or combination skin.
6. Concealer: Concealer is a magical product, when used properly it can instantly brighten the face. Concealers help in covering dark spots, under dark eye circles, age spots, blemished and bruise. Indian women should go for a concealer with yellow undertones. If you are looking out for a concealer to cover your dark circles, the concealer should be one or two shade lighter than your foundation. If you are getting a concealer to cover blemishes, the shade must exactly match your skin tone.
7. Eyeshadow: Eyeshadows are available in formulations like powder, cream, pencil, shimmery, and glossy. I prefer powder type eye shadow as they give a more natural look when compared to others. For everyday use choose nude and brown eye shadow rather than the bright and bold colors. Try Lakme eye quartet Dessert rose, it has four beautiful shades which could be used for formal as well as special occasions.
Once you have mastered the art of wearing these makeup products you can upgrade your vanity case with eyebrow pencil, blush, lip liner and highlighter.