Beauty and makeup products do go bad, they stop performing, even cause irritation and infection when used beyond expiry date. Sadly, unlike food, cosmetics aren't required to have an expiry date on their package so it is necessary for us to keep a track on it. Organising beauty products make this process a piece of cake.
Signs you need to say Goodbye to your Beauty Products:
- Compact powder which has become crusty is not going to do any good for you.
- DUMP the broken blushes and pressed powder, they are irreparable.
- If your foundation is thick, runny or streaky it is time to replace it.
- Throw lip gloss when it changes colour or becomes gooey.
- Razors must be replaced weekly or bi-weekly.
- Nail polish which is separating must be dumped.
- Funny smelling lipstick is a big NO.
Mascara - 6 months
Lip stick - 12 to 18 months
Lip pencil - 12 to 18 months
Eye pencil - 12 to 18 months
Concealer - 2 years
Eye shadow - 2 years
Powder blush - 2 years
Cream blush - 2 years
Compact powder- 2 years
Liquid and cream foundation - 2 years
Eye cream - 6 months
Moisturiser - 2 years
Sunscreen - 2 years
Face cream - 2 year