Whiteheads which is also known as comedones, forms under the surface of clogged pores and look like white bumps. It is quite common in people with oily skin and they can appear anywhere in the body. However, they are commonly seen in chin and nose.
Humble baking soda which is found in almost every kitchen is one of the useful and effective ingredients when it comes to DIY skincare. It has cleansing properties which help in fighting against whiteheads. It can also be used to whiten nails, cool sunburn, treat insect bites and as a body scrub.
7 Steps to get rid of Whiteheads at home:
1. Wash your face with your regular face wash or soap.
2. Pat dry your face with a clean dry towel.
3. Take 1 spoon of baking soda in a bowl.
4. Add few drops of water to it. (Be careful while adding the water we don't want a runny paste)
5. Mix it well with a plastic spoon or toothpick. Make sure that the paste is thick.
6. Apply it on the area with whiteheads.
7. Leave it for 3 minutes, give it a quick massage and wash it off.
TADA!!! Whiteheads free, smooth skin is yours.
*Sensitive skin beauties avoid this mask.
*Mild burning sensation is normal while applying this paste, if the burning sensation is unbearable wash it off immediately.
Tips to keep Whiteheads at bay forever:
- Do this procedure once a week.
- Use products that are oil free.
- Use a mild face scrub twice a week
- Drink 8 to 10 glass of water, daily.
- Wash your face before going to bed and as soon as you wake up.
- Stop touching your face often, it aggravates the whiteheads.