Idli rice - 1/2 cup
Raw rice - 1/2 cup
Urad dhal - 1 tbsp
Poha - 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seed - 1/4 tsp
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup Water - as required
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Baking soda - pinch
1. Soak all the ingredients given in to soak list for 2- 4 hours.
3. Add salt, close it in an airtight container and allow it to ferment for 8 hours.
4. After fermentation add sugar, pinch of baking soda and required amount of water to make the batter watery in consistency.
5. Pour a ladle full of batter in the appam pan, take the pan from the stove and swirl it.
6. Close the pan and allow it to cook for few minutes.
7. Once the appam is cooked, serve it with coconut milk or kurma.
- Batter must be watery than dosa batter.
- You can add ghee or sesame oil to it before closing the pan
- Coconut water could also be added to it instead of water
- Baking soda is optional.
- Appam is easy to make in non-stick pan.