Medhu vada is a south indian recipe, which is crispy outside and soft inside. It is made during festivals and had along with sambar, chutney . Pongal Vada is a Ultimate breakfast combo in South India.Ingredients :
Urad dhal : 3/4 cup
Onion - 1
Green chilli - 2
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Asafedita - 3 pinch`
Pepper - 10
Corriander leaves - 1 tsp chopped
Curry leaves - few
Oil - to frySalt - To taste
1. Soak urad dhal for 4 to 5 hours. Grind it in a mixie or grinder. Sprinkle very little water while grinding. If you add too much water, your batter will turn runny and you will not be able to make a proper vada.To find whether the batter is in right consistency drop a little batter in water, if it floats without dissolving the batter is in right consistency.
- You can skip onion, yet the vada will taste good.
- You can also add grated ginger to the batter mix.
- If the batter is watery add rice flour to it.
- Add salt just before making vada. It will absorbs more oil if salt is added while grinding the batter.