I wanted to bake a cake which has less calories yet without compensating on taste. One fine day I ended up with this sponge cake which has no butter and less oil. Beauties who are staying on diet or watching their weight but wanted to have a piece of cake without guilty feeling should try this one.
Powder Sugar - 3/4 cup
White flour - 3/4 cup
Oil - 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 C
2. Break the eggs and add it to a large bowl and beat it until it becomes fluffy and doubles in volume.
3. Now add powdered sugar and beat well.
4. Add vanilla essence and beat it.
5. Add oil and beat it.
6. Sieve the white flour and mix it with baking powder.
8. Grease the baking pan with oil or apply butter sheet over it and pour the mixture.
9. Bake it for 30 - 35 minutes.
10. To know whether you cake is done insert a tooth pick in to the cake, if the cake is ready it will come out with out any batter. If it is not ready bake it for few more minutes.
11. Allow the cake to cool.
12. Once it is cooled run a sharp knife around the outside of the cake and remove the cake form the pan.
- Constant opening of oven to check whether the cake is ready will alter the temperature and spoil the cake.
- Nice aroma will come out from the oven once the cake is done.
- Allowing the cake to cool is important to get even cooking of the cake.
- I tried making them in small pudding cups also, they came it came out pretty well