Rawa Kesari is one of the most famous south Indian dessert. It's a very easy to make dish, usually made during festival and special occasions. In other parts of India it is known as Sooji Halwa.
Now let us see How to make Rawa keasri - Step by step.
Ingredients Required :
Rawa / Sooji / Semolina - 1 cup
Water - 2.25 cup
Sugar - 1.3/4 cup
Ghee - 4-6 tbsp
Food color - Pinch
Slat - Pinch
Cardamom powder - Pinch
Cashew - 10
Safforon - pinch
Milk - 1 tsp
Soak pinch of saffaron in warm milk for an hour
1.Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan, add the rawa and roast it until it releases aroma and changes into light brown color. Then Transfer the roasted rawa in to a separate plate.
2. Add water to the pan and once it reaches rolling boil, simmer the heat, add rawa to it slowly and mix it to avoid lump formation.
3. Add the food colorant and cook it until the rawa turns soft, then add sugar, cardamom powder, pinch of salt and mix it well with the rawa slowly.
4. Add 4 tbsp of ghee, soaked saffron and cook until the leaves the sides of the pan.
- Adding ghee increases the flavor of the dish.
- Add sugar according to your taste bud.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator and consumed for 3 days.