I wanted to post this Sundal recipe yesterday for Ganesh chathurthi but as I got caught up with some work I am posting it today. Usually Sundal and sweet pongal is made during festivals in South India. It is a very easy and yummy dish.
Let us see How to Make Sundal Step by Step.
Channa / Chick peas - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Coconut grated - 2 tbsp
To Temper :
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Split urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Dry red chilli - 1
Curry leaves - 1 spring
Asafoetida - pinch
1. Soak channa in water over night.
2. Pressure cook it in cooker required salt and water for 7 minutes after whistle in simmer.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds allow it to sputter and add split urad dal.
4. Add broken dry red chilli, asafoetida and fry for a minute, then add curry leaves.
5. Now add drained channa and grated coconut and stir fry until moisture evaporates.
- For a variation green chilli can be added instead of dry red chilli.
- If you have forgotten to soak channa over night, you can soak channa in hot water for 4 hours.