Today we will see how to make south Indian Egg curry step by step. This is one of my Favorite and easy to make Egg curry. It goes well with rice as well as roti.
|South Indian Egg Curry|
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Green chili - 1
Boiled egg - 3-4
Oil - 3tbsp
Bay leaf - 1
Star Anise - 1
Kalpasi / Black stone flower -2
Coriander leaves - To garnish
Chili powder - 1tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
Salt - To taste
Water - 1 cup
To Grind :
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Cashew - 6
1. Heat oil in a cooker. Add bay leaf, star anise and kalpasi.
2. Add onion and saute until it turns translucent.
3. Add green chili and saute for a minute. Then add ginger garlic paste and cook until raw smell leaves.
4. Add tomato and cook until it turns mushy and oil separates.
5. Add turmeric and saute it for a minute. Then add chili and coriander powder.
6. Grind the coconut and cashew in to smooth paste and add it.
7. Add 1 cup of water and salt. Close the cooker and cook it in simmer for 5 minutes after whistle.
8. Once the pressure is released, open the cooker, add the slit opened boiled egg and cook it in simmer for 3-5 minutes. Garnish with coriander and egg curry is ready to serve.
- If you want the gravy to be thick reduce the amount of water content.
- Vegetarians can replace Egg with panner/cottage cheese.