Carrot stir fry is a very easy dish. It is known as carrot Poriyal in Tamil. It goes well with sambar, dhal and curd rice. It is very easy to make, taste good and it's healthy as well. Let us see the carrot poriayl recipe
|Carrort Stir Fry / Carrot Porial|
- Mustard seeds - 1/2tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 ( chopped finely )
- Green chill - 2 ( slit )
- Curry leaves - few
- Carrot - 3 ( chopped medium size )
- Grated coconut - 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds, allow it to crackle. Then add cumin seeds.
- Add onion and cook until it becomes translucent
- Add green chill and saute it for 1-2 minute
- Add pinch of turmeric saute it for a minute and not more than that, as you could burn the turmeric.
- Add curry leaves and saute it for a minute
- Add carrot and saute it for a minute. Add salt, sprinkle some water and close it with a lid and cook until the carrot becomes soft.
- Once the carrot is cooked add grated coconut, give it a quick stir and switch off the flame.
- If you are not a fan of coconut, you can go ahead and skip that step